Why Go To Church?
Some grew up attending church with memories of times spent at the church building, with church people, or in church services. And others you meet who aren’t regular attenders and it’s a surprise to find that sometimes they don’t know why you might be a part of going to Church and having Christian Fellowship. .
I got to thinking about this.
Why do we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?
Instead, why not think about the reasons you should go to Church this weekend?
Why look for an excuse when there’s a literal abundance of reasons why it makes so much sense to go to church and to meet with your community of faith, this weekend.
So, why go to church? I’ve listed 100 reasons below.
Some of these reasons you should go to church are serious, others are fun, and probably a portion of them wont apply to you. Either way, there’s sure to be at least one idea listed below that inspires, convicts, motivates, or just answers the question; why go to Church?
Why go to Church?
Here’s my list of 100 reasons you should go to Church this weekend.
1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do. (Hebrews 10:25)
2. You will have the opportunity to worship God.
3. You will likely have some of life big questions answered.
4. You may come up with some new questions that you didn’t know you should be asking.
5. You will probably make some new friends.
6. You’ll probably see some old friends.
7. Being there is a sign of your discipleship.
8. Being there will encourage your Pastors and leaders.
9. You’ll be encouraged in your walk with God.
10. You’ll likely encourage other people in their walk with God.
11. If you’re single, you may meet someone.
12. It will help you define what you believe.
13. It will help you understand the Bible.
14. If you have kids, it will teach them to value God and His Church.
15. People who attend church usually live longer (I didn’t make this one up… Google it!)
16. It will give you an outlet for service and ministry.
17. It will likely help you develop leadership.
18. You’ll sing inspirational songs that will carry you during the week.
19. It will encourage you that God is good (if it doesn’t, it should).
20. It will help you to look outside yourself.
21. It will provide an opportunity to give financially to those in need.
22. Because you’ll receive love from other people.
23. You’ll be able to show love toward other people.
24. You’ll hear about great things God is doing in His Church locally and throughout the earth.
25. You’ll be prayed for.
26. You will be able to pray for others.
27. You’re likely to hear about answered prayers.
28. You will be able to give praise reports and share your testimony.
29. You will be able to worship God with other like minded people.
30. It’s an opportunity to introduce a friend who doesn’t know Christ.
31. You’ve probably got nothing better than Church to do (watching TV, or sleeping-in certainly don’t count as better!)
32. Your family need you to go.
33. It honour's God.
34. Because gathering is part of what it means to be a Christian.
35. Because it’s good to have your views and opinions challenged.
36. Because we all need regular reminders of our position in Christ.
37. It will help you acknowledge and confess your sins.
38. It helps you to be in the world, but not of it.
39. It will help you end one week, and starts the next, with the right focus.
40. It’s a break from work.
41. It will help you re-order your priorities.
42. It’s where your real friends are.
43. It will help you put your life story, into the grand narrative of scripture.
44. It will remind you that you have nothing to fear.
45. It helps take your focus off yourself and onto God.
46. It helps bring perspective and feeds the soul.
47. Because gathering strengthens your faith.
48. The discipline of going will help you be disciplined across all areas of life.
49. It will allow for support in times of need.
50. It promotes stability in your life.
51. It helps to promote a happy marriage.
52. It gives you something great to do with your kids.
53. It will help you to improve your self-esteem.
54. You wont feel guilty for not going (not that you should only go out of obligation!)
55. It will help increase your ability to cope with the trials of life.
56. It will help you to be a happy person.
57. It will positively influence future generations.
58. It will provide you with an opportunity to share in communion.
59. It will allow you to take an active role in missions work.
60. It will help you be a better member of your local community.
61. It will help develop your children’s self confidence.
62. Your children will learn the Bible.
63. It may keep you out of trouble.
64. It will help give you a sense of purpose.
65. It will shape your vision of the future.
66. It will give you eternal hope.
67. It will help you to know what you believe.
68. It will help you to know what you stand for.
69. It will encourage creativity.
70. It will allow you to be disciplined, mentored and pastored.
71. Because you’ll learn about Jesus and have the opportunity to get to know Him.
72. Because you want to go.
73. It’s a pleasant experience.
74. It will give you have the opportunity express yourself in song.
75. It beats staying at home and being alone.
76. You get to put your Sunday best on… or your skinny jeans depending on the church.
77. You’ll find acceptance.
78. You’ll be loved.
79. You can love others there.
80. Real forgiveness is found there.
81. The gathering of God’s people will help draw you closer to God.
82. You’ll meet like minded people.
83. Jesus will be there.
84. It will remind you that you’re not alone.
85. It will help the process of sanctification.
86. You’re likely to learn something about God, the Bible, yourself, or others.
87. Growth of the fruit of the Spirit will likely happen.
88. It will bring with it tangible and intangible blessing.
90. It’s a declaration that you’re a Christian.
91. It will give you something interesting to talk about on Monday at work.
92. Because being planted will help your life to flourish.
93. It reflects a life lived beyond yourself.
94. It will bring joy to your life.
95. A miracle you need may come to pass.
96. You’ve been promising someone that you’d go and it’s time to make good on your word.
97. Because it’s the right thing to do.
98. Because faith without works is dead.
99. It will literally change your life for eternity.
100. Your reason to go to Church? _______
You’d be crazy not to be in church this weekend, especially with all these reasons to be there!!
I’ll see you there!
Why go to Church? Check it out here.
Check out Christians and Church Fellowship here.
Need help In Finding a Caring Church In Your area.
Walking through the doors of a church can be a big step. Whether you haven't been to church in a while and are interested in attending again, or you've never been to church before, learning a little about how to approach going to church and what to expect when you get there will help to make the experience go more smoothly. If you're curious about what church might be able to offer you, you can learn how to choose a church that fits in with your own ideas, attend a service, and consider joining.
We offer to help you to find a church and encourage you to prayerfully seek God's direction in choosing a local church to attend. We will send 3 to 5 contact information on local nurturing Churches in your area with the Churches name, address, phone number and their website here.
Prayer: Father God, nothing is more important to me than seeking you! Please help me find the church near me where you want me to worship and learn about you. As I go to a Christian church in my area, please confirm in my spirit when I have worshipped in the one that's the best fit for my spiritual growth and service to you.
If you need help finding a nurturing Church you could ask a mature Christian friend or we can send 3 to 5 local Church information in area here. More about Church fellowship here and a 100 reasons why you should attend a local church here.
Find A Christian Church - Church Finder
(In alphabetic order)
This is a suggested list as there are many more Gospel, Evangelical, Independent and Mainline Preaching Church denominations to numerous to mention.